|Applebees Fundraiser April 21st|
Library Booksale April 25
Board of Trustees
- Gary Glover, President
- Susan Graham
- Shelly Laborde
- Irene Lambert
- James Mariner
- Donna Moody, Secretary
- Patricia Nyborg, Vice-President
How We Checked Out in 2014It has been a great year at your public library. The staff is especially proud of the following new services and accomplishments:
- The library was very excited to add Tumblebooks children’s e-resource database to our collection.
- Security Public Library teamed up with the Fountain valley Senior Center for joint programs including: monthly movies, book club, and an Identity Theft program.
- Eight laptops were purchased for checkout to our patrons in the library.
- Homeschool families can now attend Security Public Library’s monthly homeschool program.
- Librarians visited all WSD#3 schools during September’s Library Card Sign up Month.
- Amazing Local Teen Artwork is now on display at the library.
- The 16th annual Poetry Contest for teens and adults encouraged the creation of 103 original poems.
- “Fizz-Boom-Read”, the Children’s Summer Reading Program, had 1,312 children joining the program.
- “Spark a Reaction”, the Teen Summer Reading Program, kept 387 teens reading throughout the summer.
- The 2014 Fall Story Contest for teens and adults encouraged the creation of 326 original stories.
- The 15th annual Adult Winter Reading Program, “Warm Up With a Good Book,” had a total of 480 adult participants.
- SPL helped Security/Widefield “raise readers” by offering 450 storytimes, programs and outreaches, attended by 9,333 local children.
- The Friends of the Security Public Library contributed $4,000 to library programs and contests.
Facts and Figures
- The library served an estimated population of 46,000.
- SPL issued 2,013 new library cards, bringing the total registration to 30,995.
- SPL circulated 144,117 books, magazines, audios, and other materials!
- The staff answered 59,323 informational questions.
- The library presented 732 programs that were attended by 29,425 children, teens, and adults.
- A total of 5,476 new items were added to the collection.
- The staff arranged for patrons to borrow 3,482 items from other library systems. In addition, the library lent 4,647 items to other libraries in the state.
- Staff: 7 full-time & 5 part-time.
- Revenues: $650,000